Monday, June 22, 2009

He's a cute li'l basset, isn't he?

Heeduk's edited a couple of instructional videos I shot recently, and you know how you reacted the first time you ever heard your own voice in a recording? "I don't sound like that, do I?"

I don't sound and look like that, do I?

(I tried to upload a video to illustrate, but Blogger's being recalcitrant. It's been trying to load the video for 45 minutes. It hurts to be rejected by a machine.)

See, in my head, my persona is the poor man's Andy Rooney/Tom Bodett/Garrison Keillor/Mark Twain, that is, full of wry, detached, droll observations on life, somehow slightly cynical but wise and affectionate. But, despite my avuncular wisdom I think of myself as well, not youthful, but timeless. Garrison Keillor in 1974, perhaps.

...certainly not the saggy, baggy, drawling, sad-eyed guy in the video. I don't know who that guy is, and it's too bad the rest of the world sees him and thinks he's me.

He did do a really good job explaining subject-verb agreement, though...

No comments: